I often read Allure magazine, and a feature I quite enjoy is the 10 beautiful things; where they interview someone about 10 things they really love. As I’m not at risk of being interviewed anytime soon, here are 10 of my favourite things.
1. Ballet flats: I love ballet flats. Actually I REALLY love ballet flats. I only really wear them in black, but they go with almost everything, and are really comfortable to walk in. If I could have only one pair of shoes, these would be it.
2. Lavender essential oil: I’ve mentioned here before that lavender is my favourite scent. It’s another multipurpose thing that I tend to use for almost everything from soothing bug bites to making my own pillow spray; and it’s something that I will always have around the house.
3. A fuzzy throw: My feet get really cold no matter what the weather is. When I moved to the states, this throw was one of the first things I bought to add a nice cosy touch to the apartment and to snuggle up under while watching my favourite TV shows.
4. Chanel Rouge coco shine lipstick in Romance: My first (and only) Chanel lipstick. I do love Chanel as a brand as they are really elegant and luxurious. This lipstick is in a lovely pink shade that makes me look put together but not overly dolled up and I love wearing it as it doesn’t dry my lips out either.
5. Morgan and Oates Cherry Blossom Wrap: This hand painted wrap (not the one pictured above) was a gift from my mum and it is absolutely gorgeous. I have a plethora of scarves, but each time I pick this one as it’s just so soft and snuggly. It’s actually a wrap so it’s great for cold planes and wrapping my camera in when I travel (not at the same time though!).
6. Pandora charm bracelet: This was a gift for my 21st birthday, and I’ve worn it almost everyday since. I love the fact that you can customise it by adding charms, and it’s a simple silver bracelet: my favourite kind.
7. Dior BB Creme: Firstly, the fact that it comes with a pump:genius. Secondly, it leaves my skin looking awake, something my face doesn’t do very well at 8am when left to it’s own devices. Thirdly, it lasts all day. Need I say anymore?
8. Truth of Touch by Yanni: Yanni is my favourite composer, and I often listen to his songs on repeat. This is probably my favourite of his albums, and I can listen to it whether I’m grading lab reports, cleaning the house, studying,on long journeys or simply relaxing. Magical I tell you.
9. Maroma Orange and cinnamon candle: Maroma is a brand that focuses on environment friendly products, and the products are handmade by employing local women in India. I always stock up on the scented sachets and candles when I go back home, and they make lovely gifts for people who like nice smelling things. The orange cinnamon candle smells like christmas, and one of my favourite things to do is wrap christmas presents with this burning in the background.
10. Taj Mahal Tea: This is pretty much the only tea I drink on a daily basis, and what I grew up drinking. I freak out every time I’m about to run out, so I get my mum to ship a few boxes to me every 3 months (and they come in packs of 100). Even the BF has been converted now, and everytime someone comes over I serve this and they want to know where it is from. They also do masala tea bags that I reserve for rainy days to enjoy with some spicy snacks. Mmmmm.
What are some of your favourite things?
Until next time, Love, Me 🙂