Recently I have gotten into skincare a lot more than before ( As it turns out, it was possible!!) So there have been many shopping trips in the past few weeks. But old favourites or newly discovered products, here is a list of my favourite beauty products of 2012!
- Aveda Shampure shampoo and conditioner. I very rarely repurchase shampoo or conditioner, but I did for this one!
- Argan oil. There has been a lot of hype surrounding this, but any 100% pure oil is a good bet to rub on damp hair.
- Tangle Teezer. I have very fine hair so pulling through tangles just rips then out. Ouch! This one is pricey and looks like a horse brush, but it does the job!
Cleanse,Tone and Moisturise:
- Sephora Collection face wash. The skin on my face is very sensitive. Anything that is perfumed or too chemically, and I look like I have fallen face first into poison ivy. I usually use something with tea tree oil in it, but this one was a surprise find on my trip to Paris. It smells nice, and its a creamy cleanser which is good for my dry skin.
- Clinique mild liquid facial soap. For days when my skin feels a bit oily. this feels like water, but it foams well and lasts ages!!
- Vitamin E moisture cream. Everyone who knows me knows how much I love the body shop, and this cream is fantastic! I am on my 3rd tub of this stuff, so enough said.
- Origins drink up intensive overnight mask. Winter is really harsh on my dry skin, especially with the winds we get here. I use this weekly and it smells divine 🙂
- Boots tea tree and witch hazel spot wand. For spots (duh!). It has a Day and Night portion to it, and it usually clears up any spots I have.
- Neutrogena wave duo. Unlike the Clarisonic this one doesn’t have bristles, but you put on the cotton pad things sold separately and it removes blackheads and other nasties. I use this about twice a week to exfoliate.
- Vitamin E tinted moisturiser. I very rarely wear makeup. This is a combination of having quite clear skin and being lazy to get all gussied up. But I do enjoy dressing up on occasion so I use this as a base to provide some coverage.
- All in one face base from The Body Shop. A powder compact that gives some coverage as well. Comes with a sponge and mirror, so I pop this in my bag if I know I’ll be having a long day.
- Carmex moisture plus. It looks like a lipstick, but its actually a lip balm that gives a hint of colour. It also has something like peppermint that gives a tingly feeling when you apply it. I love it!
- Natural Collection Mascara. This uber cheap mascara does a surprisingly good job. I have a non waterproof brown one to make lashes look thicker, and it lasts all day.
- L’Oreal Colour Riche lipstick in Coral. The only lipstick I have. Doesn’t last particularly long, but since I use this very rarely it’s not an issue for me.
- Maybelline New York Expert wear Blush. It comes with a little brush and gives a nice colour with a hint of shimmer. The colour is buildable and people tell me I am glowing when I use this.
- Bioderma Crealine H2O: This has been raved about so much, so I bought it when I went to France. Though I don’t find it absolutely amazing like others, it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin and it takes my makeup off just fine.
- Sanctuary Spa Body Wash. I have so many body washes that my bathroom is overflowing with them! But I love the smell on this one, it is so fresh and puts me in a very good mood for some reason. But it’s a gel so in winter I use the Dove moisturising body wash in one of their many lovely scents.
- Caudalie foot cream. I am not particularly enamoured by the smell of it, but I was running low on my usual foot cream so I picked up this one with the Caudalie Beauty Elixir that everyone and their mum raves about. (Tangent: the elixir is quite good and refreshing, but not that much more than any others) But the first time I tried the cream, I was blown away. I put this on at night and I usually have to walk very carefully the next morning or I tend to slip. On the carpet.
- L’Occitane lavender hand cream. This hand cream is lovely and nourishing. Also I love anything with lavender in it so its a double yay from me!
- Jo Malone Wild Bluebell perfume. I am a complete sucker for perfumes.I just absolutely love smelling good and that uplifting feeling when you catch a whiff of it when you are busy with something. This is quite strong but it lasts a long time. I spent about 2 hours at the Jo Malone counter picking out a perfume and I settled on this one, and I am so glad I did.
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. While testing out perfumes in Paris I sprayed this on a tester strip, put it in my bag and forgot about it. Later when I opened my bag for something I could smell this on the whole bag and it was fantastic. Needless to say I rushed back there the next day to buy it. It is a subtle but distinctive smell, and my friend called it a sophisticated and elegant smell, and I think he got it right 🙂
- Essie Nail Varnishes. I only ever paint my toenails, and Essie have an amazing range of colours and they last for ages without chipping.
- Kleenex wet wipes. They don’t smell too strong, they are soft and they take any dirt off the face and make me feel refreshed. They also don’t cost too much.
Whew! What a rambly post. I hope you didn’t fall asleep, but enjoyed it as much as I did putting it together 🙂
Until next time, Love, Me 🙂